Review: Shatter Me Trilogy

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi Ignite me - Tahereh Mafi

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.”- Goodreads

I really enjoyed the series because it was it was so different from other stories I have read. the powers are so fascinating to learn about. I also liked the chemistry between Juliette and Warner in the last two books. Over all I liked the third book the best altho I did not like the ending. My favorite character is definitely Kenji because he is such a good friend and is super funny.

Ok so in the first book I was totally Team Adam instead of Team Warner. Adam was a sweet guy in the first book  who loved his brother. Then after Kenji takes them to Omega Point and he learns about his powers. After that I started to like him less and less because of how he treated those who were trying to help him, especially Juliette.  Finally in the last book when I thought he could not be any more of a jerk, he did. When he found out Warner was his brother he blocks everyone out. After that I wanted to throw him off a cliff because he was so rude and mean. Then Warner became way better than Adam the way he was there for Juliette and he was such a good leader I feel in love with him. Although he hurt Juliette he was actually trying to protect her and he did that. At first I liked him some, but it was when he was taking care of Juliette after his father shot her I was in love with him. My favorite thing about Juliette was how much she changed from being scared young girl who tried to keep herself away from people to a strong rebel leader who is in love with Warner.

(show spoiler)

Over all I really liked it and would give it 4.5/5 stars. As individuals Shatter me and Unravel Me were  both really good, but I did not like a few parts or I thought It was missing something so I  gave both 4.5/5 stars. Over all I liked Ignite Me the best altho I did not like the ending, but I could not give it less then 5/5 .

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10429045-shatter-me