These are my favorites of the month. So each month I will rundown of favorite moments, books and other things I have to talk about.
- Favorite Book: This is a really hard question. I then narrowed it down to three books. Two of them were - The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2) by Jessica Sorensen and Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)by Abbi Glines. These were also great books, but I chose White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love this book. I love the plot. The fact that they involved demons and gargoyles. The main character Layla is amazing. She can really fight, is funny and I love the way she sees the world. Also one of the love interests is Roth. Roth is really hot, smart and can fight. Did I mention he is a demon. It’s complex, romantic and Magical.
- Favorite Female Character: This for me was a no brainier Layla from White Hot Kiss and Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout as I said about her she is a fighter, supper funny and she has a cool way of thinking. She also is cool because she is a half-breed. I can’t wait to read how her story ends.
- Favorite Sequel: Fractured by Sydney Landon would be my choice. I really enjoyed the first book. I really can’t say much but it is a really sad story. It is so emotional and I love it. Warning: Bring tissues for feels.
- Favorite Start of a Series: Maybe Someday by Hoover, Colleen- I really love this book it really pulled on my heartstrings and it I love how it deal with different issues and disabilities that people deal with everyday I love the characters how they interact with each other and having music was in the story. Something I thought was really cool about this book was that that she showed the lyrics in the song that he writing it and it is really cool to see that.
- Favorite Standalone: Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I really love this book it was an action thriller/ mystery. I was really hesitant to read it first since it was a mystery unlike anything else I've ever read her. Everything else I've read by her was either a fantasy book or a romance book I really did not know how it's going to turn out for me. In the end I really enjoy it with the total mystery aspect made me want to know more until the end of the book can you find out who killed Cassie and what happened when they disappeared honestly it was such a good story it had a really good plot line it just melted so well together I really did not expect a lot of the turns in the book there's also the romance and hurt his self discovery part that really made the book whole.
- Favorite Cover: Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout - If you guys have ever seen this cover it is so pretty has a brown hues, the ballerina and the broken mirror. It really fits the story because the dancer is like looking back and the story is about her than try to look back and see what happened but there's a lot that happened and she should not look back as people keep on saying it was bad. She does it anyway and there's a lot of consequences which I think really shows up in the cover it made the book so much more entertaining as it really showed what I was about. It also enticed me to read the book because it made it seem much more like a mystery then I thought I was going to be.
- Favorite last book of a Series: Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2) by Rollins, Emme- What can I say about this book it was really entertaining to read I mean the characters were really broken down family and it made me think how lucky of a life I had. There was a little difficult kind of like girl meets boy having a story but is still really good story how I became a rockstar and a secret like family in the ending was pretty typical but it made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I found it making me wish I could read it again and again.
- Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout - Obviously I have to give us to her this month forever books and I liked all of them. From finishing the Lux series final book opposition. Which I found really cool with the aliens and everything. The one thing I do not like about the book was the romance Katy and Damon together. Then I read don't look back. Loved it as I said above. Finally I read the first 2 books in her darkest elements series which I find so much more appealing than Lux series. So later this year I plan on reading more of her books.